Electrical, Electronics and Energy Efficiency
The testing laboratory of Electrical, Electronics and Energy Efficiency (TN2) was founded in 1976, under QUATEST 1, takes responsibility for carrying out testing activities, quality assessment, Electrical safety for Electrical – Electronic products and construction in accordance to Vietnam and international standards, serving state management, product certification, organizational and individual requirements.
The laboratory has developed quality management system and granted in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 standard (code VILAS 028), aiming to effectively manage the testing activities and guarantee service quality to meet the customer demand (the laboratory has accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 since 1993).
The laboratory staffs have been trained by national and international experts including KERI – Korea, KTL – Korea, Hafly – Switzerland, Russia and Japan.
The laboratory is providing testing services and product quality assessment in the following fields:
* Testing electric appliances, electric fans, refrigerators, air conditioners, electric cookers, irons, washing machines, rice cookers, civil transformers...
* Testing of consumer electronic products: televisions, video, audio...
* Testing all kinds of wires, low and medium voltage cables, magnetic wire…
* Testing low and high voltage electric equipment: switchboards, circuit breakers, fuses, cutting machines, sockets, plugs…
* Testing and measuring electrical characteristics, luminous flux, color coordinates, longevity, color temperature ... and determining power saving parameters for electric lamps and ballasts.
* Testing power transformers, electric motors.
* Testing batteries and DC power.
* Environmental testing: weather test, aging test, frost test, vibration test, noise measurement, vibration parameters. Test IP protection level for electrical and electronic products.
* Testing high voltage pulse up to 600 kV, testing the voltage durability up to 250 kV, measuring the local discharge, measuring Tanδ losses for insulation, electrical cables, transformers and other high voltage products.
* Testing and evaluating the electrical quality and safety of constructions.
* Training of testers, participating in consultancy on the construction of laboratories, technical consultancy as requested by organizations and individuals.
1) Decision No. 51/2011/QD-TTg dated 12 September 2011 of the Prime Minister stipulating the list, means and equipment must be labeled energy, minimum energy efficiency as following schedule:
* From 01/07/2013 for household electrical appliances: straight tube fluorescent lamps, compact fluorescent lamps, electronic ballasts, ferromagnetic ballasts for fluorescent lamps, air conditioners, home use dishwashers, rice cookers, electric fans.
* From 01/01/2014 for household electrical appliances: refrigerators, horizontal washing machines, televisions.
* From 01/07/2013 for the group of industrial equipment include: Three-phase distribution transformers, electric motors.
2) Decision No. 1559 / QD-BCT dated 14/03/2013 on the announcement of energy labeling for the following products: computer monitors, printers, photocopiers, air conditioners with inverters and cameras.
3) Electronics - Electronics Department is appointed by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to conduct energy efficiency testing for the following products:
* Decision No. 4932 / QD-BCT dated 27 August 2012 on the designation of energy efficiency testing laboratories for equipment and facilities participating in the Energy Labeling Program for the following products: Compact fluorescent lamps, Electronic ballasts, Magnetic ballasts, Household washing machines, Electric fans, Electric cookers, Distribution transformers and three-phase asynchronous motors.
* Decision No. 5749 / QD-BCT dated 14/08/2013 on the designation of laboratories for energy labeling certification for the following products: Color television receivers, printers, counters, copiers.
Participating in scientific research, standards development, testing methods, methods of quality evaluation of electrical and electronic products. (View)